UK Company Dissolution
Closing a UK Company
If you no longer require your UK Company and wish to have it Struck-Off the register we can assist with a UK Company Dissolution. Our dissolution service has the company Struck-Off at Companies House in accordance with the UK Companies Act and once the company is removed from the Register it no longer exists as a legal entity and cannot continue trading.
If the company has any liabilities then it must apply for voluntary liquidation rather than company dissolution.
UK Company Dissolved
Having your UK company voluntarily dissolved rather than Struck-Off by Companies House has many advantages:
- Straightforward process compared to company liquidation
- Avoids formal investigation into the conduct of the directors as required in liquidation or receivership.
- Maintains the company’s directors and shareholders reputation for future business ventures
- Avoids the costs of liquidation, fees and expense
Requirements for UK Company Dissolution
We assist with UK Company Dissolution under Section 1003 of the Companies Act 2006, providing that the company meets the following requirements:
- Not traded in the last 3 months
- Not changed the company name in the last 3 months
- Not subject to any legal proceedings
- Hasn’t made a disposal of property
Companies Act Extract
In order to proceed with your company dissolution we require the following:
- Does the company have a bank account
- Is the company VAT registered
- Has the company ever filed a tax returns with HMRC
- Does the company have any outstanding liabilities
- Shareholders been informed and are in agreement
Once you supply the above details, we can apply to Companies House on your behalf to have the company Voluntarily Struck-Off and cease trading.
Once the UK Company is Dissolved
Once Companies House confirms the dissolution of the company it can no longer trade and is struck off the register. Any assets remaining in the company’s name will be held by the Crown as Bona Vacantia.
Simply complete our contact form with the your UK company’s name and we will provide a quote.