UK Company Dissolution
Closing a UK Company
We can assist with a UK Company Dissolution If you no longer require your UK Company and want to have it Struck-Off the register. Our Dissolution Service has the company Struck-Off at Companies House in accordance with the UK Companies Act. Once your UK company is removed from the Register it no longer exists as a legal entity and cannot continue trading.
If your UK company has any liabilities then it must apply for voluntary liquidation rather than Company Dissolution.
UK Company Dissolved
Having your UK company voluntarily dissolved rather than Struck-Off by Companies House has many advantages:
- Straightforward process compared to company liquidation
- Maintains the company’s directors and shareholders reputation for future business ventures
- Avoids formal investigation into the conduct of the directors as required in liquidation or receivership
- Avoids the costs of liquidation
Requirements for UK Company Dissolution
We assist with UK Company Dissolution under Section 1003 of the Companies Act 2006, providing that the company meets the following requirements:
- Not traded in the last 3 months
- Not changed the company name in the last 3 months
- Is not subject to any legal proceedings
- Hasn’t made a disposal of property
Companies Act Extract
Once Companies House has confirmed that the company is not carrying out business and is not in operation, its name is struck-off the register and dissolved without going through liquidation.
Information Required for UK Dissolution
In order to proceed with your UK Company Dissolution we require the following details:
- Does the company have a bank account
- Is the company VAT registered
- Has the company ever filed a tax returns with HMRC
- Does the UK company have any outstanding liabilities
- Have the Shareholders been informed and are in agreement
Once you supply the above details, we can apply to Companies House on your behalf to have the company Voluntarily Struck-Off and cease trading.
Once the UK Company is Dissolved
Once Companies House confirms the dissolution of the UK company it can no longer trade and is struck off the register. Any assets remaining in the company’s name will be held by the Crown as Bona Vacantia.
Simply complete our contact form with the your UK company’s name and we will provide a quote.