Company Restoration FAQ
We can apply to get your company restored to the register if it was struck-off the by the Company Registry. The Company Restoration process does however depends on; how the company was dissolved, the dissolution date and the country where the company was registered.
Who can apply to have a Company Restored to the Company Register?
Generally, any of the following can make an application for a Company Restoration:
- A Director, shareholder or creditor
- Any person who had a contractual relationship with the company or a potential legal claim against the company
- Any person who had an interest in land or property in which the company also had an interest
- In addition any other person who appears to the Court to have an interest in the matter.
Consequences of Company Strike-Off
The consequences of a Company Strike-off or Company Dissolution are:
- The Company ceases to exist as a legal entity
- Company’s bank account will be frozen
- Therefore if it continues to trade, the shareholders and directors are trading without the protection of limited liability and may become personally liable
- In addition any property owned by the company, prior to strike-off, ceases to be an asset and cannot be sold by your company
How long does the Restoration of a Company take?
The time to restore a company depends on which country the entity was incorporated in:
Ireland – When your company was dissolved less than one year ago we can have it restored to the register within a few days by applying to and personally attending the Companies Registration Office. If the company was dissolved over 1 year ago a high court restoration is required which takes anywhere between 3 to 6 months.
British Virgin Islands – If the company was struck-off the register less than 6 years ago and fits the other criteria for an administrative restoration it takes 3 to 4 weeks. However if the company was struck-off over 6 years ago, a court restoration is required which will take 6 months.
United Kingdom – If your company was dissolved less than 6 years ago we can apply for Administrative Restoration which takes generally 4 weeks. A company dissolved over 6 years ago require a Court Order Restoration and therefore takes 8 to 12 weeks to complete.
Company Directors and Shareholders
When a company is restored, the previous directors, company secretary, shareholders are automatically reinstated and the company is returned to Good Standing. Therefore once restored we can provide a Certificate of Good Standing and Incumbency certificate including the director and shareholders details.
My Dissolved Company Name is no Longer Available
What are the Costs & Penalties of Restoration?
In order for a company to be restored to the register, any government penalties, late filing fees and any government restoration fees must be paid. In addition a transfer of registered Agent fee may be required. The cost and penalties dependent on the country where the company was struck-off.
What do I need to complete to Restore my Company?
Simply provide us with basic details on our company restoration enquiry form you will find on the left hand side of the page and we can provide a quotation and timescale for your company restoration. After payment is received we will handle all application requirements.