Company Restoration FAQ
We can apply to get your company restored to the register if it was struck-off the by a Company Registry. The Company Restoration process to restore your company depends on; how the company was dissolved, when your company was dissolved and the country where your company was registered.
Who can apply to have a Company Restored to the Company Register?
Generally, any of the following may make an application for a company restoration:
- Any former director, shareholder or creditor
- Any person who had a contractual relationship with the company or who had a potential legal claim against the company
- Any person who had an interest in land or property in which the company also had an interest
- Any other person who appears to the Court to have an interest in the matter.
Consequences of Company Strike-Off
The consequences of Strike-off/ Dissolution are:
- The company ceases to exist as a legal entity
- The company’s bank account will be frozen
- If it continues to trade, its shareholders and directors are trading without the protection of limited liability and the directors may become personally liable
- Any property owned by the company, prior to strike-off, ceases to be an asset and cannot be sold by your company and is held by the registry
How long does the Restoration of a Company take?
The time to restore a company depends on which country the company was incorporated in:
Ireland – If your company was dissolved less than one year ago we can have it restored to the register within a few days by applying to and personally attending the Companies Registration Office. If the company was dissolved over 1 year ago a high court restoration is required which takes anywhere between 3 – 6 months.
British Virgin Islands – If the company was struck off the register less than 6 years ago and fits the other criteria for an administrative restoration it takes 3 weeks. If the company was struck off over 6 years ago, a court restoration is required which will take 6 months.
United Kingdom – If your company was dissolved less than 6 years ago we can apply for Administrative Restoration which takes generally 4 weeks. A company dissolved over 6 years ago require a Court Order Restoration and takes 8 to 12 weeks to complete.
Company Directors and Shareholders
When a company is restored, the previous directors, company secretary, shareholders and registered office are automatically reinstated and the company is returned to Good Standing as if it was never struck off the register.
What are the Costs & Penalties of Restoration?
In order for a company to be restored to the register, any government penalties, late filing fees and any government restoration fees must be paid. Also a transfer of registered Agent fee may be required. The cost is dependent on the country where the company was struck off.
What do I need to complete to Restore my Company?
Simply provide us with basic details on our company restoration enquiry form you will find on the left hand side of the page and we can provide a quotation and timescale for your company restoration. Once payment is made we will handle all application requirements.